YaWorks & Privacy
YaWorks Capital B.V., which also includes its subsidiaries and sister companies (hereinafter: “YaWorks”), is a fast-growing IT service provider with unique knowledge in the fields of IT infrastructure and security
Which personal data does YaWorks process?
Personal data consists of information that says something directly about one person and can be traced back to that specific person. YaWorks processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide this data to us yourself. Below you will find an overview of the personal data that we process:
- First and last name
- Address data
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- Iban number
- IP address
- Copy ID proof
- Other personal data that you actively provide, for example by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence and by telephone
- Information about your activities on our website
Which special and/or sensitive personal data does YaWorks process?
Special data will only be processed insofar as this is permitted under the employment contract. We will never process special data other than from our own employees. If YaWorks processes special data, these are the following:
- Citizen Service Number (BSN)
YaWorks regularly organizes indoor and outdoor events, where both employees and relations are present. During such events, photos and/or video images are also taken, which are then distributed on the YaWorks website and via social media with the aim of reporting on those events. Insofar as the images concerned can be regarded as personal data, we believe that we have a legitimate interest in publishing them (combined with a brief report of the relevant event). If and insofar as those involved find this objectionable, they can make this known before, during or immediately after the event, and we will of course take this into account.
For what purpose does YaWorks process personal data?
YaWorks processes personal data for the following purposes:
- Carrying out our projects and services.
- Handling payments;
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising brochure and other marketing and communication tools;
- To be able to call or e-mail you if this is necessary to be able to carry out our services;
- Inform you about changes to our services and products;
- To offer you the opportunity to create an account;
- To implement the employment contract with our employees and for the associated recruitment and selection;
- YaWorks analyzes your behavior on the website in order to improve the website and to tailor the range of products and services to your preferences;
- YaWorks also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data that we need for our tax return.
On what basis does YaWorks process personal data?
YaWorks processes personal data based on the following principles:
- Based on a legal obligation; and/or
- For the execution of an agreement that we have with you or with the company where your contact person is; and/or
- Based on a legitimate interest; or
- Based on your permission.
Automated decision making
YaWorks does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. This concerns decisions that are taken by computer programs or systems, without involving a person (for example an employee of YaWorks).
How long does YaWorks store personal data?
YaWorks does not store personal data longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data
Category Retention period
|Application letters and forms, and correspondence regarding the application.||
4 weeks (unless an employment contract is concluded)
|- Personnel files of our employees, employment contracts (and changes). This also includes promotions and performance appraisal reports.
- Payroll tax statements and copies of identity documents.
- Agreements about salary and employment conditions.
- Name and address details of employees.
Up to 2 years after the end of employment or so much longer if required by law.
|Personal data of candidates who are not or have not worked for YaWorks but who have shown their interest in YaWorks||
2 years after the date of inclusion of the personal data in YaWorks' records.
|Our financial administration||7 years|
Who does YaWorks share personal data with?
YaWorks only shares personal data within our organization with employees for whom it is necessary to have this data for the performance of their function. Naturally, everyone within the organization is subject to secrecy.
YaWorks shares your personal data with various third parties if this is necessary for the execution of the agreement and to comply with any legal obligation. We conclude a processor agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. YaWorks remains responsible for these processing operations. In addition, YaWorks provides your personal data to other third parties:
- Clients of YaWorks
YaWorks shares personal data of employees and candidates with clients in the event of a (possible) deployment. When introducing employees and candidates to (potential) clients, we use a YaWorks CV, containing data that those involved have provided to YaWorks for this purpose.
- Processors and responsible parties
YaWorks works together with suppliers who process personal data on behalf of YaWorks. Before engaging these suppliers, we review the security measures they have in place and ensure compliance with privacy regulations.
If there is a request for personal data from the police or judicial authorities, YaWorks will only provide it if there is a legal obligation.
What rights do data subjects have?
YaWorks always respects the rights of those involved with regard to personal data. Some rights data subjects can always invoke, while others can only do so under certain conditions. For example, YaWorks cannot comply with the request of data subjects to delete personal data if we are legally obliged to keep this data for a longer period of time.
Data subjects have the following rights:
- Insight. You can view your own personal data or request a copy from YaWorks. You will then receive this in electronic form.
- Correction. You can change incomplete or incorrect personal data.
- Removal. You have the right to request that YaWorks delete your data. This request will be granted, unless we are legally obliged to keep the data or have compelling interests.
- Withdrawal of consent. You always have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing of personal data.
- Transfer of data. You have the right to request YaWorks to process personal data with another controller.
- Objection. You have the right to object to the processing of personal data by YaWorks or another controller, if you have well-founded objections to this.
The aforementioned rights are only available to data subjects with regard to their own personal data. The rights cannot be exercised for personal data of others. YaWorks therefore reserves the right to request identification from data subjects.
To exercise these rights, you can always contact YaWorks at email@example.com or +31 20 664 64 51. We will contact you within 10 working days. To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your proof of identity with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and Citizen Service Number (BSN) black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks.
It is also possible, if you feel that we are not complying with the GDPR, to submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
How does YaWorks secure personal data?
YaWorks takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification.
If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact us via e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +31 20 664 64 51.
Which cookies does YaWorks use?
Notification of (possible) security breach
If you believe that a personal data security breach is taking place, we would appreciate it if you contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com, with the subject line "Breach of Security".
YaWorks Capital B.V.
+31 20 664 64 51
We can also be reached at e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +31 20 664 64 51.